Friends of Norwich School
The Friends of Norwich School
The Friends community incorporates parents from the Lower School and the Senior School, current and past pupils and many people in the wider community who have an interest in Norwich School. This diversity is represented in the committee membership.
Xổ số miền bắc All the fundraising from Friend's events and the 2nd hand uniform shop go towards providing the incredible array of clubs children have on offer across the school. The Friends also provide ongoing bursary funding.
Social activities at school are organised by a team made up of current parents and supported by the Friends Committee. Anna Stevenson is now heading up the Events team. The Friend's events committee meets once a month in the evening and the meeting is open to everyone. Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend or have ideas for an event.
The Friends of Norwich School are busy arranging a host of events for the entire school community, including our ON's. There is a summary of the events in the diary. "Friends" tables are available at every event so you don't need a to be part of a group to come along. The team are always looking for ideas from the school community for events.
A Friends First Friday Coffee morning takes place in the Lower School Library on the First Friday of every month from 8.30 -10 am. This is very informal and open to ALL. Parking is available.
To find out more about upcoming events and to book visit our events page.
Second Hand Uniform Shop
Xổ số miền bắcVolunteer Friends of Norwich School run a 50/50 Secondhand Shop. In addition to Schoolblazer Uniform and Sportswear, the shop accepts and sells a wide range of pre-used specialist footwear (Astro/rugby/hockey etc) and sports equipment/protection as donated.
The income generated by the sale of second-hand items not only supports a wide variety of projects for pupils within the school but is a very useful service for parents and pupils alike.
The Friends Shop is located in 71 The Close. There is no on-site parking for midweek sales, but parking is available on the school playground for Saturday openings - please adhere to any specific parking instructions that may be given by the Cathedral or School staff.
The Shop will be open every Wednesday, 4.00 pm - 4.45 pm, in term time and on occasional Saturday mornings.
Updates will be sent to parents via SchoolPost and advertised on , or you can email firstname.lastname@example.orgXổ số miền bắc for more information.
Items you would like to sell can be dropped off at the shop when open or 71A Reception during business hours. For T & C's on donating/sale of items, please refer to the information on ,Xổ số miền bắc under the 'School Uniform' page.
Friends funds – where does the money go?
Xổ số miền bắcThe Friends support bursaries for children every year.
In 2019 the FONS pledged over £16000 to a host of clubs, societies and projects, and last year another £7500 has been added to include:
- Hockey - Goalkeeping equipment
- Lower School - Warhammer Club
- Chemistry - Colour in Science
- Art History / Development Dept - contribution to the Catalogue of Works by John Walker (NS 1972 - 2016)
- Lower School - Den building club, Sewing club, and The Nest
- Cricket - Roll on cricket net cage
- NS Fashion Show 2021
- Lower School – basketball hoops and football goals
- Duke of Edinburgh- replacement of equipment & Expedition Waterproofs
- Early morning running club – high visibility NS vests
- Lower School – Bee keeping & Knit and Natter club
- Sport – Indoor Netball posts
- Fencing – electronic fencing scoring equipment, new sabres & foils
- Rowing – 2 Kayak Pro Ergos with sliders
- Norwich Model Arctic – support of the NORMAC conference
- Economics – launching Young Chamber of Commerce
- English – New Writers Festival 2020 & 2021
- Lower School – Garden and Eco club
- Economics, Business & Politics – large screen TV
- Lower School – Nurture group to support pupils
- Pre-Prep – Little Einsteins club and development of the outdoor learning environment
- Scouts – new kayaks and mega paddle boards
- Art & Design – under glaze colours for use in pottery
- Athletics – Speed and strength training equipment
Keep in touch
Xổ số miền bắcTo find out about what the Friends have been up to, for upcoming or recent events, and how funds are being spent, please follow the Friends Facebook and Twitter pages or send an email:
The Friends of Norwich School is a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (1170059) run by Trustees:
The Headmaster of Norwich School: Steffan Griffiths
The Master of the Lower School: John Ingham
The Fundraising Campaign Director: Jonathan Pearson
Xổ số miền bắc Three general elected Trustees: Madele de Lange (Chair), Jonathan Hook (Treasurer), Jo Hood (Company Secretary)
Friends Privacy Notice
The FONS Privacy Notice can be viewed here.